What is mywifiext.net?
Mywifiext.net is not a usual website that you can access. You can access this website if you have a Netgear Extender installed at your home or you want to setup the Netgear Wireless Extender. The device on which you want to open this website must be connected to the wireless extender otherwise it will show an error message “Page cannot be displayed”. The error message varies according to the web browser that you will use to open mywifiext.net. TroubleshootingUnable to access mywifiext.net: The First issue that you may encounter is accessing the website mywifiext.net. To fix this issue, try the following things:
- To confirm that the issue is not because of the browser, try opening it in another web browser.
- Check the power LED on the extender. It should be solid green. This is to confirm that the extender is plugged properly into the power outlet.
- Check the PC to Extender LED light. It should be lit.
- Connect your extender to the router through an Ethernet cable. Now access using the default IP address of the extender that is 192.168.1.250.
- Resetting your browser may solve this issue.
- Assign your computer a static IP address.
Unable to see Netgear Genie:
In this case, make sure that your computer is using Dynamic IP address, not the static one. If this is done, check out the Device to Extender LED light, it should be solid green. If all ok, open a web browser and type http://mywifiext.net in the address bar of your browser window.
Installation setup keeps asking for the passphrase:
- The reason for this is that you have put the extender at the borderline where the signal of the main router is not reaching properly. Move your router closer to the main router or in the range of the wireless router.
- Make sure you are entering the passphrase in the correct field.
Some devices not working when you connect them to the extender:
- This happens when you reserve some IP addresses for some of your devices on the router. This issue can be solved by adding the translated MAC addresses into IP reservation list of the router.
- When you connect your wireless device to the extender, the existing MAC address gets translated to another MAC address. So, you need to add this new MAC address into the reservation list by logging into the router.
You have entered the wrong passphrase and now, you are not able to access the extender anymore:
This happens when the router security is set to WEP. The device you are using is not able to get the IP address from the extender. The only option to correct it is, reset your extender. See at the end of this page, how to reset your extender?
Unable to find 5 GHz existing network when trying to install the extender:
You will encounter this issue when the router is set to a DFS channel. In this case what happens is, your extender is not able to see the existing SSID of the 5 GHz network. To solve this issue, follow the steps given below:
Netgear extenders are very useful when it comes to extend the range of wireless network. Some routers are unable to reach at every corner of your place then you need to install a Netgear extender. We are explaining here one example in which you need to install an extender. Suppose you are having a large home. There are various sections in your home. A single router is installed in the centre of your home. You are residing at the pool side area of your home and suddenly a work arrived in which you need to access the internet. But when you opened the Internet browser, it shows no internet connection. So, in this case, an extender needs to be installed. Purchase a Netgear extender from the market and place it in between your pool area and the router. Install the extender at that place and then try to access the Internet.
Importance of using extenders
Extenders are very easy to install. Here, the method is given which you need to follow while installing your extender. Firstly open mywifiext.net (setup page for the extender) in your browser and then enter the username and password in the respective given fields. If this is the first time you are installing the extender then you have to enter the default username and password for your Netgear extender model. Otherwise, enter the one that you have set. When you get entered into the setup page or administration panel of the extender, the installation automatically starts. All the process is done by the setup page; it just asks you for the verification in some of the steps. After successful installation, you can check whether the extender is installed properly or not. Establish an Internet connection between your devices and extender and also between the router and the extender.
After installation, the connection between the router and the extender already gets established. You have to connect your devices such as computer to the network of the extender to access the internet. You will find the network name of the extender with the extension _EXT at the end of the network name and name before the extension is same as the name of your router. You will find the name of the extender in the available networks. Go to network icon in the notification area of your computer and then you can see the available networks around you. Select the network name of your extender and click on the connect button.
If you get any issues while the setup of the Netgear extender, then chat live with our experts. You will see the live chat window at the bottom of our website. Our team is available 24/7 to help you in solving the issues.