Netgear WN2000 is a networking device that is used to extend the range of the existing router. You can purchase it from any e-commerce website if you want to boost your Wi-Fi signal. There are many dead spots in our home where the signal can’t be reached. So, to remove these dead spots, range extenders were introduced in the market. Netgear WN2000 is one of the powerful range extenders developed by the Netgear Company. ( www.mywifiext.net )
There are four LAN ports on the extender, so you can connect more devices to the extender. This extender is compatible with 802.11 b/g/n routers. The WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is supported by this extender. So, it becomes easy for you to setup the extender. You just have to press the WPS button on your extender to make a connection.( www.routerlogin.net )
How does the Netgear WN2000 extender works?
It acts as a bridge between the wireless router and the devices accessing Internet. It takes the signal from your router and re-transmits the same to your devices. It acts as a network client for the router and a router or access point for other connected wireless or wired devices. NETGEAR_EXT is the wireless network name of the Netgear WN2000 extender. The best location to place the extender is midway between the router and the wireless device kept at a dead spot.
Use the Netgear WN2000 extender when you feel a poor connection at your home. Because the network speed coming directly from the router is much higher than the speed that comes from the range extender. To ensure the successful installation of the extender, check out the LED lights on the extender.( www.routerlogin.net )
How to connect a Personal Computer to the extender by using an Ethernet cable?Follow the steps given below:
- 1. Take an Ethernet cable and connect its one end to the Netgear WN2000. Connect another end to the computer.
- 2. Take the adapter that is in the box of the extender and plug it into a power outlet.
- 3. Now, log in to the range extender.
How to log into the range extender?To change the settings of the extender or to run the Smart Wizard, you have to log into the extender. Follow these steps to perform the same.
- 1. Open a web browser such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
- 2. Type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of your browser window. A screen opens named Authentication required.
- 3. The screen has two fields that are username and password. Enter admin in the username field and password in the password field. A status screen appears having a menu on the left side. It is recommended to change the password for the security reasons after log in.
Set up the Netgear WN2000 extender by using Smart Wizard
When you open the web browser, the Smart Wizard automatically opens. After the installation, if you want to use the Smart Wizard then follow the steps given below:
- 1. Log in to the router by following the steps given above.
- 2. Select Smart Wizard from the menu on the left side of the screen. The Smart Setup Wizard screen displays.
- 3. A list of networks is there; select the network name of your network. If you cannot find the network name, select “Manually input my wireless SSID” option. And type the network name of your extender.
- 4. Now enter the password for your wireless network and click on next button to continue. Another screen displays.
- 5. Verify the network name once and then click on next button. One more screen opens.
- 6. Click Finish.
Now if you want to do further changes then select the appropriate menu option. Otherwise, log out from the range extender and connect the devices to the range extender. The connected devices can now be able to access the internet.( www.routerlogin.net )
If you have any issues while log in or setting up the extender, feel free to contact us. You can connect with our expert team via live chat window that you can see on our website. The professionals are online 24/7 to help you out.