The Netgear WN1000RP is designed for mobiles. The design and features of WN1000RP are same as other Netgear extenders. It is of white colour and the reset button is located at the bottom of the extender. The On/off switch and the WPS button is located on the left side of the Netgear extender. Three LED lights are there in front of the extender, one is Link Rate LED, the second one is status LED and the last one tells about the connection between computer and booster.The extenders are basically used to provide Wi-Fi signal in those areas where there is no network at all. Now, we will look at the installation of the Netgear extender.Install the Netgear WN1000RP by following these steps.
The placement of the extender is as important as the working of the extender. It is not able to work if you placed it at a wrong position or you would not get the desired results.
So consider the following points while placing your extender.
- • Place the extender and the router in the same room.
- • Plug it into an electrical socket and switch it on. Wait till the status LED lit. If not then switch it off and then on again.
There are two methods to setup or install the extender.
- 1. The first one is through WPS button located on the extender. This setup method works if your router also has the WPS button or in other words, it supports WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup). Press the WPS button firstly of your extender and then press the WPS button on the router.
Now, your extender is connected to your existing network. You can connect your wireless devices to the booster by scanning the mane of your extender and get connected to it. The name of your extender is same as the name of your router’s network name with an extension that is _EXT. It asks you to enter the password to connect, just enter the same password as your router’s password.
- 2. Connect your booster to the router by using Netgear Genie Smart Setup In this, a web browser is used to setup the extender. Follow the steps given below to establish a connection through this method.
- a. Wi-Fi network utility is used in this case to connect to the extender network.
- b. Launch a web browser and type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of the browser window.
- c. Enter admin in the username field and password in the password field and press enter. Note: when you open a web browser from the same device that is connected to the booster network, it automatically opens the Netgear Genie setup.
- d. A screen appears having a lot of network names. Select the network name of the existing Wi-Fi network that you want to extend.
- e. Click continue to proceed further. Enter the passphrase for your network in the respective field.
- f. Enter the network name in the 2.4 GHz Network name field. Click on the continue button to proceed. Click on the checkbox showing use the same security mode and password as those for the existing network if you want the same settings as your router has.
- g. To connect to the newly established extended network, use network manager of the wireless device you want to connect to the boosted network. Repeat the same to connect more devices.
- h. Select the checkbox that shows “My wireless devices are connected to the Extender network”.And click on continue button.
- i. Switch off the booster and unplug it. Plug it to a new location where the network signal is poor. Make sure that location is in the range of existing Wi-Fi network.
- • Make sure your computer is using DHCP. If not, then change it in the network settings of your device.
- • Check the Device to Extender LED light. It must be green and the IP address you are using is valid.
- • Check your browser whether it is supported or not. If there is any update for the browser version then perform this first.
- • Reopen your Internet browser and again type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of your browser window. Enter the default credentials again. The default username is admin and password is password.
The connection is successfully established. To take help from Netgear team in any regards, you have to register your product through its product number on the official website of Netgear.
If you still have an issue while the setup of Netgear WN1000RP then chat with our experts via live chat window provided on the website and find a solution. You can chat with us anytime you are free as we are available 24/7 to serve you.